Another week, another Bachelorette-based scandal.
And we’re not talking this time about who Becca Kufrin kissed and/or who she sent home on the latest episode of this ABC hit.
Instead, we’re talking about more scandalous behavior by one of the men vying for the heart of this season’s Bachelorette.
Following the reveal that Garrett Yrigoyen had shared many gross and inappropriate Instagram messages not long before he was cast on Season 14, we can now report that Lincoln Adim was convicted of indecent assault and batter…
… mere days before the new season premiered last month.
The conviction took place on May 21, with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office saying that Adim – who remains on the show through Episode 4 – groped and assaulted a woman in May of 2016.
He was ultimately given two years probation for these acts.
Press Secretary Jake Wark of the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office has said the following to the media about what transpired with Lincoln in this case:
“The judge ordered him to stay away from the victim and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings per week during those two years.
“If he complies with the judge’s orders, he will not have to serve out his term, but if he fails to comply with those orders or re-offends, he could be ordered to serve out the year behind bars.”
So… a current suitor on the current season of The Bachelorette may face prison time for his inappropriate and illegal actions on board a cruise with a fellow passenger?!?
This is NOT a good look for the series.
Former Bachelor contestant Ashley Spivey wrote on Twitter Wednesday that she was disappointed in ABC and The Bachelor for permitting Adim on the program.
“I am honestly horrified that Lincoln,who was charged with indecent assault and battery, was allowed to go on the show,” wrote Ashley, adding:
“I do not understand how a serious crime like this was missed during background checks.”
It’s a pretty good question, isn’t it?
Spivey did later qualify her stance.
She said that she doesn’t think ABC purposely let someone with this history on the series; she doesn’t think this was some ratings ploy.
She just chalks it up to negligence instead.
“Let me be clear that I do not think production would ever allow this for drama purposes,” added Spivery.
“I really think it is a huge problem for whoever does the background checks into the contestants.”
By law, the district attorney’s office adds of Lincoln, without providing exact details of what the reality star did, “he is expected to register as a sex offender.”
Last month, Yrigoyen apologized after garnering backlash for Liking offensive posts on social media that mocked the transgender community, a Parkland high school shooting survivor, undocumented immigrants and more.
Kufrin came out and defended Garrett in the wake of this scandal.
“I want viewers to be open to everyone, and I want them to go through this season with me and watch my love story unfold with all of these men,” she said a few weeks ago. “Because that’s how I went into this journey.
And we think we know why she said this.
Visit our section of The Bachelorette spoilers and you’ll know why as well!
Foreign Gossip4 hours ago
‘I Lived With Satan For 17 Years, Killed 675 People’- Masked Ghana Pastor
naija celeb4 hours ago
Actress Chika Ike said “My father rejected me from birth for being a girl”
Viral4 hours ago
See The Man Behind The Pidgin Commentaries In Russia 2018 Matches (Photos)
Viral4 hours ago
Man Celebrates As His Wife Walks Out Of This Ghastly Accident Alive Today (Pics )