Guava leaves are regarded as herbal treatment for several diseases due to their medicinal properties. They contain high levels of vitamins A and C, potassium, healthy fiber and lycopene. Have you been ignoring the leaves at the expense of the fruit itself? Then, you might need to have a rethink.
Below are 17 of the amazing health benefits that guava leaves offer, we stumbled across this on the media and we thought it good to share!
1. Guava leaf tea can decrease bad LDL cholesterol without affecting the good HDL cholesterol levels.
2. Guava leaf tea can help you against bronchitis and coughs.
3. If you want to relieve itching caused by allergies, apply crushed guava leaves onto the affected areas.
4. This method will also help you relieve insect bites.
5. Guava leaves can really help against hair loss when they’re boiled and allowed to cool on room temperature. Gently massage your scalp to stop any further hair loss.
6. Guava leaf tea stops carbohydrates from turning into sugar and thus suppresses appetite. This will also help you to reduce weight.
7. If you have an upset stomach, guava leaf tea is great. It also provides a great help in cases of food poisoning.
8. This tea is also effective in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery because it has strong antimicrobial properties.
9. Guava leaf tea is effective in treating enlarged prostate and cancer.
10. It is especially recommended for men who deal with fertility problems.
11. Guava leaves are high in vitamin C, which helps to heal acne and pimples.
12. Apply crushed guava leaves on minor cuts like scrapes or abrasion to prevent infections. You can also prepare tea to relieve an outer ear infection. Let the tea cool down and then drop some of it in on the affected area.
13. Boil 9 guava leaves in 5 cups of water until the amount you have in your pot reduces by half. This can help treat dengue.
14. Guava leaf tea is great for diabetics. It reduces blood sugar level and does not stimulate insulin secretion.
15. If you want to relieve toothache, you can chew guava leaves. They can also help you against inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity.
16. Crush several guava leaves and stir in a little bit of water to remove blackheads naturally. Use this instead of your regular face scrub.
17. You can also use the same combination to prevent premature skin aging.
Don’t Forget to share and you have any questions please feel free to use the comment box below.