Connect with us

News

Yusuf Buhari: Doctors Guild reveals present health status of president’s son

Oluwatobiloba Emmanuel

Published

on

The Guild of Medical Directors has disclosed that Yusuf Buhari, the son of President Muhammadu Buhari, is now in stable condition, following his power bike accident, The Sun reports.

The disclosure was made by Professor Femi Dokun-Babalola, the president of the guild.

We gathers that the Guild of Medical Directors is a body of private medical practitioners; and the hospital where Yusuf is currently being treated, and where he was operated upon, Cedarcrest Hospital, is a member of the association.

Read Also  Senior lawyer says Buhari lacks power to remove Governor Ortom over Benue killing

Babalola stated that the guild was hoping for a complete recovery of the president’s son, but could not provide information on the exact circumstances of his accident.

The statement read in part: “We are saddened to hear about the unfortunate accident involving the son of our dear president on a power bike.

“While we cannot comment on the exact circumstances of the accident, we are happy that the situation is being efficiently handled by Cedarcrest Hospital in Abuja, one of the top Guild of Medical Directors-owned hospitals in Nigeria.

Read Also  Kate Henshaw Slams Lawyer Who Assaulted Her Maid

“It is heartening to note that his condition is now stable after undergoing brain surgery and we hope for a complete recovery from this unfortunate incident.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with President Muhammadu Buhari and his family at this time.”

Read Also  Drama as Nigerian Senator, Biodun Olujimi orders aide to slap staff | staff allegedly slaps her back

Meanwhile, HitNg  previously reported that the presidency denied reports that Yusuf Buhari was flown out of the country to Germany for medical treatment.

Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to Muhammadu Buhari, denied the report, saying it was not true and that the president’s son still remains in Nigeria..

Oluwatobiloba Emmanuel founder of HitNg Ent. Certified Web designer, Computer-Internet Enthusiast. Believes in Creativity. Always Visit HitNg For Latest Naija Entertainment.

News

94 students missing as Boko Haram attacks Yobe school

Oluwatobiloba Emmanuel

Published

on

Following an attack by suspected Boko Haram members on Government Giris Secondary School Dapchi, in Yobe state on Monday, 94 students have been declared missing.

According to DailyTrust, source in the school revealed that the number of missing kids was confirmed after an afternoon roll call on the students.

“After the roll call, 610 out the total number of 704 students have returned. .
We are still searching for the remaining 94 students”, he said.

Read Also  Fatal accident along Lagos-Benin expressway claims the lives of all passengers (Graphic Photos)

On whether the students were abducted, he said,
“We cannot say, because the insurgents went into the students hostel, and many of these students scaled fence to the bushes.

Until final list of these students no one can tell if they are abducted or not”. He said some parents have also reported to the school authority that there children had reached their homes safely.
And, we are calling on parents to help the school update its list by reporting immediately if their children arrived home safely.”

Read Also  Senior lawyer says Buhari lacks power to remove Governor Ortom over Benue killing

The State Commissioner of Education, who is not in the state as at the time of the attack confirmed that a competent team has been dispatched to the school.

“The team is profiling the students to know those who are missing? And, how many of them were able to return or ran to their families at home”, he said.

Read Also  Akwa Ibom masquerades bury colleague who died in a hit-and-run accident (photo)

Yobe State Police commissioner, Abdumaliki Sunmonu, said there is no case of abduction in the girls school.

Continue Reading

News

Those who destroyed Nigeria are now acting like saviours – Lai Mohammed

Oluwatobiloba Emmanuel

Published

on

Lai Mohammed HitNg


Lai Mohammed who is the minister of information has said that Nigeria did not get to its present position in three years that the All Progressives Congress (APC) came into power
Independent reports that the minister made this comment when he received Andrew Hanlon the chief executive officer of TVC.

He said:

“We are on a rescue mission. However, the way a section of the media is reporting the challenges facing the country today does not reflect that understanding. They are making a corrective administration to look like the culprit, to give the impression that the rain started beating us in Nigeria only from 29 May 2015, to play down the challenges that this Administration has faced and which it is successfully tackling.
“For example, we did not get to where we are today in just three years. It has taken successive decades of bad governance, unbridled corruption, lack of probity, a culture of impunity and a near state of anarchy. These are the ills this Administration inherited and which it has set out to tackle. And this is what the media must reflect in their reporting.”
“Instead of recession, we could have had a total collapse of the economy. The power grid could have collapsed
“Altogether. Corruption could have overwhelmed the society. Boko Haram could have turned Abuja to Bama or Konduga. Food imports could have tripled what it was pre-May 29th 2015 and the Naira might have been worse hit.”
He called on the media to educate Nigerians ”that it is hard to build but easy to destroy, that the same people who presided over yesterday’s looting of our treasury are today posing as would-be saviours of Nigerians, that this Administration is rebuilding almost from the scratch with 60% less revenue, that the corrupt ones are spending millions of Naira to paint the government of the bad, and that Nigeria is not returning to Egypt”.
He said: “This administration assumed office, the price of oil, the mainstay of Nigeria’s economy, had dropped to around $30 from over $100, foreign reserves stood at a low of $24 billion, the Federal Government was borrowing to pay salary, some 27 states were owing arrears of salary, contractors were being owed over several years, infrastructure was in poor state, power generation was 2,690 megawatts, billions were being paid as ‘fuel subsidies’ to fat cats, corruption had emptied the treasury while 20 of the 27 local councils in Borno were under Boko Haram control.
”Today, the trend is being reversed and the results are showing: Foreign Reserves is now $42.8b, inflation has fallen for 12 consecutive months to 15.13%, 108 billion Naira has been saved from the removal of maintenance fees payable to banks pre-TSA, the nation is saving 24.7 billion Naira monthly with the full TSA implementation, the elimination of ghost workers has saved the nation 120 billion Naira, capital inflow reached $1.8 billion in the second quarter of 2017, almost double the $908 million in the first quarter, while Nigeria’s stock market is one of the best-performing in the world, delivering returns in excess of 40 percent.
”Nigeria has also jumped 24 places on the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business ranking and earned a place on the List of Top 10 Reformers in the world, the Administration has repeatedly given bailouts for states to pay salary, the Administration’s Agricultural Revolution is a huge success, with agriculture export up year-on-year by 25%, rice import from Thailand dropping 644,000 megawatts to 22,000 megawatts and rice farmers growing from 5 million to 12.3 million, the Home-Grown School Feeding Programme has created jobs for 61,352 cooks, and it is providing 6.4 million school children in 33,981 schools across 20 states with one meal a day.”

HitNg.Com.ng had reported that Mohammed said that Nigeria, under President Muhammadu Buhari, is very safe and
being run by competent hands.
Mohammed gave this assurance at a mini town hall meeting with the staff of the Nigerian Embassy in Madrid, Spain, and a cross-section of Nigerians living in the European country on Saturday, February 17, Premium Times reports.

Read Also  Woman told she might never have kids due to her condition delivers healthy baby girl (photo)

Hitng.com.ng gathered that Nigeria’s ambassador to Spain, Susan Aderonke Folarin, led the staff of the embassy to the town hall meeting, which was held at the embassy premises.

Continue Reading

News

Donald Trump ranked worst US president of all time

Oluwatobiloba Emmanuel

Published

on

President Donald Trump has been ranked as the worst U.S. President in history in a Presidents’ Day poll of political scientists that ranked all 44 of the people who have served as U.S. president.

Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Teddy Roosevelt respectively took the top four spots in the Boise State University “Presidential Greatness Survey.”

While Donald Trump is the 45th President, one of his predecessors, Grover Cleveland, was elected two separate times, making him the 22nd and 24th President, who ranked as 24th on the survey.

Read Also  Buhari will get more votes in Kogi than Katsina in 2019 - Governor Yahya Bello

The experts were asked to rank each president on a scale from zero – worst – to 100 – best – based on their overall performance in office.

Their rankings showed that Donald Trump came in last place with an average score of 12.34.
Coming in first place, according to the survey, is Abraham Lincoln, who scored an average of 95.03 between both Democrats and Republicans surveyed while George Washington got a rating of 92.59.

Read Also  Akwa Ibom masquerades bury colleague who died in a hit-and-run accident (photo)

Just over 57 per cent of those polled identified as Democrats while 13 per cent were Republican and 27 per cent were Independents.

The top seven presidents that have remained the same since the poll was last conducted in 2014: Lincoln, Washington, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, Harry Truman, and Dwight D. Eisenhower.

In the latest round of survey, former president Barack Obama moved up in the rankings to 8th best president, compared to 18th he ranked in the 2014 survey.

Read Also  Fatal accident along Lagos-Benin expressway claims the lives of all passengers (Graphic Photos)

Even Republican respondents rated Trump as the fourth worst president – 40th of 44th while they placed Obama as the 16th.
The study, conducted once every four years, asks researchers from the American Political Science Association to rank each president’s greatness on a scale of 0 to 100, with 0 representing total failure and 100 for greatness.

Continue Reading

Trending